Archive for the ‘TB Properties’ Category

The status of TBZoom, TB Properties, and TBExtInt

Monday, January 18th, 2010

Your face when you saw this post.Heads up.

TBZoom will be fading out soon. With it, I will also be removing TB Properties. And before you grab onto your nearest email client to write to me, hear me out first.

Though don’t freak out when you hear me say “removed” in this post*, I mean it will no longer appear on the download page on ThunderBrowse.com. You can still download it here, but I offer no support for it.

TBZoom

TBZoom did a great job. It was supposed to allow the zoom manager from TB2 work for ThunderBrowse tabs, and it did so perfectly.

However, in 3.2.8, I added support for the TB3 zoom manager (in TB3 tabs). Because of this, TBZoom really isn’t needed as much as it was before. This doesn’t mean I’ll be removing it completely, it does mean that I will be removing it from update cycles. TBZoom will not be updated anymore because it doesn’t really need to be. It’s legacy software for Thunderbird 1.5-2.0.

TB Properties

* This one will completely die.

Now, with that aside, I will be stopping TB Properties support, remove it from AMO, delete its entry from the download page here and leave it only downloadable via the GS! Networks Project page. Why? Because MOST of the software on that page is BETA\ALPHA\EXPERIMENTAL.

I also don’t use TB Properties. And it’s more likely that if I’m not using it, I probably won’t be updating it. Several people have informed me that it broke their context menus on Thunderbird 3 when they tried to use it. Do note, that TB Properties is not supported for Thunderbird 3, and I take no responsibility for the fact some of you modified the code and the software stopped working. TB Properties had a moderate run, but it’s really just a sloppy hack.

TBExtInt

In addition, I will not be supporting TBExtInt. You might have realized this already. I’m going to make this official by saying that TBExtInt will not be further developed. It too was a rush job and does not reflect the quality of software that I normally strive for. It was an experiment and it’s results were mixed. I wished for better but I didn’t get what I thought I would.

In the end, TBExtInt became more of a burden than a solution. I learned a bit from it, I’m glad I didn’t spend a lot of work on it.

TB Noscript

A side note on Noscript, as I mentioned when I first wrote it, I won’t be continuing it. It was for fun to play around with some settings. By no means did I mean to make it a legitimate product. It was a small side project. As such, I was surprised when a lot of people downloaded it. I really wish that the real NoScript worked in Thunderbird, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Some notes on TB3.0b2, AMO, cookies, uninstalling and updates

Saturday, February 28th, 2009

Instead of making a bunch of posts on these topics, I am grouping them together into one post. Some of these topics have answers to questions I’ve been getting recently, some are about observations I’ve made.

(more…)

TB Properties and CLN for TB updated

Thursday, December 11th, 2008

Both extensions have been bumped to support TB3.0b2pre. They’ve been uploaded to AMO.

TB Properties is now at version 0.7 and has Ukranian locale support.

Copy Link Name for Thunderbird is also at version 0.7 and features 10 new locales:

Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Dutch, German, Portuguese (Portugal), Serbian (Cyrillic), Slovak, Spanish (Spain), Turkish, Ukrainian

TB Properties 0.6 released

Thursday, July 17th, 2008

TB Properties 0.6 is now on AMO.

TB Properties 0.6

Tuesday, July 15th, 2008

I’ve uploaded TB Properties 0.6 to AMO. The new version has a couple of new locales. To be specific: Dutch, Hebrew, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, and Spanish (Spain) are all added to the extension.

Thanks to:

raryelcsouza – pt-BR
jerone – nl-NL
MRO Team – ru-RU
chuzo – es-ES
(I have no idea who did Hebrew)