Okay, so tonight I opened up Thunderbird 5. It looks nice. I got ThunderBrowse mostly working. The downside is that the status bar randomly freaks out and I haven’t figured out why exactly that happens.
Archive for the ‘Thunderbird’ Category
ThunderBrowse 3.3.1 adds additional fixes that did not make it into ThunderBrowse 3.3. These bug fixes apply mostly to Thunderbird 2 builds.
- Fixed issue with external protocols not enabling the launcher
- Fixed settings window size issues in Thunderbird 2
- Fixed settings window load issues on non-Thunderbird builds
- Hid the tab settings page for applications that don’t support it
- Updated locales that did not receive updates
- Fixed the left click new tab feature
- Fixed POST forms sending unchecked checkbox data.
I’ve uploaded the new version to AMO as a beta so you can get the new version now while 3.3.1 is under review. You can get the new version here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/5373/versions/3.3.1b2
ThunderBrowse 3.3 is released on AMO! You can get it here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/5373/
ThunderBrowse 3.3 is going to be the compatibility version that I mentioned in my last post. 3.3 doesn’t have anything too substantial (actually, that’s a lie but a lot of the things I wanted to add ended up getting scrapped because Thunderbird kept working against me).
But one of the biggest things that has changed is….
That’s right! If you couldn’t tell from that fairly obvious screenshot to the right, ThunderBrowse now has support for Spicebird. You’ll see this in version 3.3! Get ready!
In addition, here all the other things that I can remember that has changed (basically what I worked on today):
- TB2 Tabs with Thunderbird 3 versions now work again. The issue stems to a problem with Mozilla removing the close button widget from the tabs element. This has been fixed.
- Several code stalls have been repaired
- Support for RESET form buttons
- Improvements in form handling (specifically radio buttons and checkboxes)
- Small style changes
- A few fixes in external browser launching (this should fix any problems you had before [as it worked in my tests])
- Fixed favicon issues with TB3Tabs
- Several main window style issues
- Settings window height has been increased so the buttons will still be visible when selecting different tab styles
- Improvement of charset rendering (your mileage may vary here)
- Argentinean Spanish Support (es-AR) by KNTRO
- Spicebird support (it’s missing a few small things [specifically, the toolbar buttons and the bookmark menu placement is off])
- Various loading Iimprovements (Pages load faster now)
- More form event fixes (Specifically the enter key)
- ThunderBrowse uses less memory
- Seriously, way faster page loading
- Better expression checking
- Removed unnecessary object conversions
There may or may not be more changes other than these, my repository history doesn’t go back far enough to check to see if there is anything else.
Yes, I am aware that there are issues with ThunderBrowse on Thunderbird version 3.1. I’m going to try to get them fixed tomorrow (or Sunday) and hopefully have a build/patch out by Monday if all goes well.
Just to let you all know. I would have it done tonight, but today has been a very long day. In addition, I’ll be looking into adding support for other clients. This may or may not make it into the patch. This patch will cover compatibility issues with Thunderbird 3.1.
Thanks for listening.