Some really bad news

July 24th, 2011

UPDATE: Laptop is back! Thanks to everyone who helped out.

So last night my laptop died. It started losing power and then sparks started flying out of the pin. I’m hoping it didn’t fry the board or something.

Long story short, I lost my laptop during a backup event, which means I only saved about 2GB of data before the lappy died. Of course that 2GB was the entirety of my demo videos.

Where does this put me? I have to send the laptop in, but before I do that, I need to remove the hard drive and attempt to get all the data from the drive (the laptop company will wipe the hard drive clean) before I need to send it in. Downside, I don’t have any hard drive that is big enough to image my laptop, nor do I have enough money to buy a new hard drive and an encasing for the laptop drive. I’m basically out of luck because I have no money.

I also lost my free Amazon Prime Student last week, so I’m going to have to pay more to get the new hard drive here quicker.

Worst night ever.

I’m estimating that I’m going to need about 120 dollars to do this. I’m looking at this drive to use for backups, which is now on my Amazon wishlist.

If you could help me out, that would freaking great.

UPDATE: Thanks to some awesome donations I was able to get a harddrive and the mounts I needed to mirror my drive. I have sent it back to the company for repairs. Sorry for the late update, I’ve been without internet for awhile.

ThunderBrowse 3.8 Released

July 22nd, 2011

Version 3.8 is now available on AMO. Please let me know if you have any problems with it.

ThunderBrowse 3.8 uploaded

July 17th, 2011

First, notice how I didn’t say released.

Second, we are skipping 3.7 (3.8 has all the fixes + more of 3.7) because the Mozilla reviewers told us that reuploading makes it more annoying to change the review flag.

Third, it’s uploaded and you can go check it out on the preview channel.

It is currently pending review at AMO, and when they review it, it will be released (provided it passes their tests)

EDIT: I’ve just reuploaded it with fixes for the messagepane scrolling.

Update on ThunderBrowse 3.8

July 17th, 2011

Just fixed several bugs that arose with the old version. Here’s what’s changed:

  • Autocomplete/suggest works again
  • Fixed bug with plugins that caused failures in message loading (thanks to everyone that reported this)
  • Fixed issues with the settings window getting an invalid app version
  • Removed Function wrappers.
  • Fixed number bugs with meta redirects
  • Fixed scrolling issue
  • Patched some other minor bugs

The newest patch is about to go through testing and if it passes, I’ll upload it to AMO.

Update: ThunderBrowse 3.8 is now the new 3.7.

Update again

July 13th, 2011

So some people have reported that there are some issues with 3.7, which is great because AMO has not pushed out the new version, which gives me a bit of time to fix the problem.

From what I hear, there’s an issue loading new messages, which is something I am unable to reproduce on my dev machine. If you are currently running into that problem, please open Tools < Error Console and look at the Error tab. Please either send me an email or reply to this post with a comment with the error message that appears. Thanks much!